Local’s Guide to the Best Dishes at Lake Oconee
April 25, 2018
We have compiled a list of favorite dishes from Lake Oconee locals to help you plan your next visit here! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert are all covered to make sure your experience at Lake Oconee is top notch. Here are the local favorites.
The most important meal of the day calls for some classic breakfast items that will have your mouth watering. These restaurants offer gourmet and delicious breakfast entrees that range from large platters to a quick bite.
- Breakfast Sandwich at Cafe 44: Eggs, Bacon and Vermont White Cheddar Cheese served on Toasted Sourdough Bread. The Breakfast Sandwich seems to be everyone’s go to breakfast at Café 44 but we can’t not mention their delicious coffee. This cafe is right in the heart of town and easy to stop into on your way in or out.
- Buttermilk Pancakes at Eighty8: Eighty8 is located in Reynolds Lake Oconee and serves breakfast to guests daily. If you’re in town on a Sunday, make sure to stop in for their Sunday brunch. Complete with the pancakes, an omelet station, fried chicken, and much more.
- Georgia Butts Breakfast Platter: Georgia Butts offers breakfast with a view! Located right on Lake Oconee, you can dock your boat at the restaurant and grab your Breakfast Platter before you head out for a day on the water.
- Peach Muffins at Sweet Kneads: Sweet Kneads has been a Lake Oconee staple since 2002. In addition to their delicious Peach Muffins, they are known for their cinnamon rolls, quiche, and chicken salad.
We have a wide variety of options to meet your lunch needs. Whether you have been on the lake all day and want a quick bite, or you are looking to sit down and enjoy a meal, there are options for all!
- BBQ Nachos at Gaby’s by the Lake: Located at The Ritz-Carlton, you can eat your BBQ Nachos while you enjoy stunning views of Lake Oconee. When you’re finished with lunch head over to take a swim in the infinity pool or enjoy a day at the hotel’s award-winning spa.
- Fried Shrimp at Iron Fork: The Fried Shrimp dish comes with two sides and a piece of cornbread and wait until you hear your side options… collard greens, stewed tomatoes, fried okra, and mac n cheese, to name a few.
- Fish Tacos at Ripe Thing Market: The Fish Tacos are a recent addition to the Ripe Thing menu and we’re sure glad they made that decision. These grouper tacos are topped with a honey jalapeno slaw and a creamy Baja sauce and served with tortilla chips.
- Fried Green Tomatoes at Yesterday Cafe: If you’re from the south then you know how seriously we take our Fried Green Tomatoes and the ones from Yesterday Café do not disappoint. Located in the heart of downtown Greensboro, this location is an ideal spot for a lunch during a shopping break.
End the day with a nice sit down dinner at one of these Lake Oconee favorites. All of these restaurants are perfect for the entire family or if you want a date night with your significant other.
- Ribeye at Filet Steak and Seafood: The name says it all, they have delicious steak and seafood, especially the Ribeye. They also have a private dining room that can seat up to 24 which is perfect for private parties.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza at The National Tavern: Located in Reynolds Lake Oconee, The National Tavern overlooks the beautiful National golf course. You can sit on the porch and sip your blueberry martini and eat your pizza while your kids have fun on the putting green and playing corn hole.
- Fish N’ Chips at Silver Moon: Silver Moon is definitely a favorite local dive. The fact that there is no sign with the restaurant name out front and that you write your name on a chalkboard when you walk in all add to the ambiance. Most weekends you will find a local musician playing there right next to the raw shrimp and oyster bar.
- Shrimp and Grits at Bone Island: Bone Island is another great choice if you are looking to drive over on your boat. A huge back deck complete with a full bar is a favorite place to dine especially during the summer.
We all know that dinner is never complete without something sweet. At Lake Oconee, the desserts don’t disappoint. The insatiable flavors in each of these desserts will make it difficult to choose which one to try!
- Cinnamon Donuts at The National Tavern: These bite sized donuts come out warm and are topped with a yummy caramel sauce. For a little extra sweet, get them with a scoop of ice cream.
- Peanut Butter Pie at Silver Moon: Rich, thick, and creamy peanut butter center, oreo crust, chocolate topping and finished off with homemade whipped cream. We wish we were eating it right now!
- Buttermilk Pie at Yesterday Café: This is the pie known round the world! Rumored to have been served to Carrie Underwood’s wedding guests, it is a must try when you are in the area.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream at Oconee Sweet Sensations: If you are looking for a small town sweet shop to take the kids then Oconee Sweet Sensations is the perfect place. It is a fun, inviting atmosphere filled with ice cream, milkshakes, and candy!
To discover more at Lake Oconee, visit VisitLakeOconee.com.