The moment you have dreamed of for your entire life has happened. A handsome man got down on one knee, took your hand in his, and asked you to be his wife. Of course you squeal and slightly hyperventilate before you can finally manage to scream, “Yes!” It’s a whirlwind experience and for the next week you can’t stop staring at the shiny rock on your hand. But now you must make a decision that is way more complicated than just saying, “yes,” to your future husband… The venue! Here are five venue options you will want to check out:
1. The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee – This is also known as the venue for THE Carrie Underwood’s wedding. Rumor has it she ordered buttermilk pie for her guests from Yesterday Cafe and it was almost as great of a hit as “Jesus Take The Wheel.” You have the potential to make your mark on the Ritz by holding your special day at this dreamy venue. If you desire to have a destination wedding, but worry about the travel for guests, this venue is the perfect compromise. Your guests will swoon over this luxurious property without having to leave the country. This venue has the most options in regard to setting for your wedding. Here are a few highlights:
2. Harbor Club, The Carriage House – This venue gives off a rustic and romantic flare, but allows room for customization. Many weddings held at the Carriage House incorporate a tent to maximize space and add a little safety net in case of rain. Or if weather permits, it’s the perfect location for an outdoor ceremony! The horse stables have been renovated to provide covered seating or a nice space for cocktail hour. No need for a photo booth, because your guests will want to take photos near the beautiful carriage located at the venue’s entrance!
3. The Corry House – A weekend rental of the Corry House gives you an abundance of options for your big day. With six ceremony site options within the property, you are bound to find a spot that suits your “I Do’s.” The famous house sits on 500 acres and can sleep 20, which is popular for many wedding parties in need of a place to stay during the wedding weekend. The barn is often used for receptions and can hold up to 200 guests. Not only is the barn air conditioned, but it allows for a variety of decor options for the perfect shabby chic wedding day!
4. Goodwin Manor – This bed and breakfast is the perfect place for a Southern wedding! It can hold up to 300 guests, but is also a great option for a small, intimate wedding. Many brides opt to use the house for family and the wedding party, which sleeps up to 12. If you want beautiful getting ready photos on the morning of your big day, this is the place! The antiques in the home offer the perfect setting for you and your maids to be pampered. It has three popular ceremony options and space on the property for a reception tent if needed:
5. Sandy Creek Barn at Reynolds Lake Oconee – Overlooking a 44-acre stocked pond and two-story boathouse, Sandy Creek Barn at Reynolds Lake Oconee is a magnificent 6,750+ square foot completely restored wood-beam barn located on 812 acres.
With its picturesque qualities – a gabled roof, exposed hardwood, rugged stone accents, a covered terrace anchored by a stone fireplace and a lakeside firepit – Sandy Creek Barn is an ideal venue for weddings, corporate functions and parties. While a rustic motif prevails, the facility comes with all the conveniences of a modern meeting venue – catering services, an antique saloon bar, a gourmet kitchen, and an outdoor grill and event porch.
Visit VisitLakeOconee.com for more details on Lake Oconee wedding venues!