Historic Greene County Courthouse
113 N Main St,
Greensboro, GA 30642, USA
The county’s earliest courthouse was a log structure. Even though the town was burned by Native Americans in 1787 and a second courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1805, many of the records were saved. The present Greek Revival structure was built in 1849, designed by Atharates Atkinson of Madison, and built by David Demarest of Athens. The 3rd floor was built and served as the Mason’s meeting room until 1897. The wings were added in 1939. Completion of the courthouse was in June of 1998. Today it is still a fully functioning courthouse.