6 Reasons Why Lake Oconee is the Best Place for Golf
August 11, 2017
Lake Oconee isn’t just a lake destination. It’s actually one of the top golf destinations in the South. Lake Oconee is home to some of the highest-rated golf courses in the southeast and there’s no guessing why they’re so highly acclaimed. The courses here are equally as beautiful as they are challenging. Golfing at Lake Oconee has plenty of perks, but we’ve listed just a few reasons why we think Lake Oconee if the best place for avid golfers.
When you golf at Lake Oconee, the views are captivating. Whether it’s views of the lake, the landscape, or the beautiful homes surrounding the courses, your golfing experience is enhanced. During an evening tee off, you can even catch the serene sunset in the sky above the courses.
Award Winning Architects
The courses at Lake Oconee feature unique designs by premier golf course architects Tom Weiskopf, Jack Nicklaus, Bob Cupp, and many more. From wooded holes to waterfront holes and everything in between, there is something for everyone to enjoy. If you’re not an expert at holes on the water, don’t worry! The variation between different types of holes make it enjoyable for all skill set levels and golfer preferences.
Dining At The Course
Playing 18 holes can work up an appetite! Lake Oconee is home to unique dining options and the best part is a lot of the restaurants overlook the golf courses. The National Tavern is a popular choice by many golfers and their families. In addition to its delicious food and drink options, the restaurant overlooks the 18th hole on The National and has a gorgeous outdoor area complete with a putting green. Eighty8 Kitchen and Cocktails serves breakfast and dinner overlooking The Preserve. For a romantic date night after a day of golf, Linger Longer Steakhouse is perfect with its views of The Oconee.If you are in the mood for seafood then visit Overlook at Great Waters. For a casual lunch in between holes, Reynolds Landing Clubhouse at The Landing is a great spot.
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee: If you’re planning a weekend getaway full of golf, The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee is the perfect lakeside resort for you. With spectacular lake views, dining options, and a spa, it’s a great place to leave reality behind. After a long hot day of golfing, be sure to take a dip in the resort’s infinity pool or take a nap on the beach.
Kingdom of Golf at Reynolds Lake Oconee
The Kingdom of Golf presented by Taylormade offers world class instruction, club fitting, training and more. Whether you’re looking for the perfect swing or custom clubs that fit you perfectly, PGA Professionals and experts in golf are there to help! Want to expand your skills and become a better player? The Kingdom of Golf offers private and group setting lessons. There are also golf schools to experience the ultimate golf instruction.
Six World Class Courses
It’s always nice for a change of scenery and the challenge a new course can bring to golfers. At Lake Oconee, there are six courses to choose from. These courses are located in different parts of Greensboro surrounding beautiful areas of the lake. The courses and some of their awards are listed below.
- The Harbor Club; Named one of the Top 10 Golf Courses in the State of Georgia; “One of the Southeast’s Top 50 Most Distinctive Courses”, Golfweek Magazine
- The Landing at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “America’s Top Golf Courses”, Zagat Survey; “Readers’ Choice Award – Top Private Courses”, Golf World; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine
- The Preserve at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “10 Best New Courses”, GOLF Magazine; “Best Places to Play”, Golf Digest
- Great Waters at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “Top 100 You Can Play”, GOLF Magazine; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine; “Golf Course of the Year”, Georgia Golf Course Owners Association
- The Oconee at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “Top 100 You Can Play”, GOLF Magazine; “Best Resort Courses”, Golfweek Magazine; “50 Best Courses for Women”, Golf for Women; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine
- The National at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “Best Courses You Can Play”, Golfweek Magazine; “Top 20 “Best in State”, Golf Digest; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine
Visit VisitLakeOconee.com to discover more at Lake Oconee!