Since the spring of 1934, people from all over the country have made the pilgrimage to the small town of Augusta, Georgia, to watch and enjoy the famous golf championship known as The Masters. Located 90 miles from Augusta, Lake Oconee has created the experience of a lifetime during Masters week. From lodging at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, to tossing back a cold one at Oconee Brewing Company, to taking on your own golf game on the beautiful courses in Greene County, it is a week you won’t want to miss. If you want to have the best time during Masters week, Lake Oconee is the place for you.
Here are some of the best recommendations to have a great Masters week:
Oconee Brewing Company will be open from 12pm to 10pm Monday thru Saturday and 12pm to 8pm on Sunday. The Masters will be playing on their big screen all week long. They also have weekend specials that include:
- Friday: Live music from musician Tre Powell from 6pm to 9pm.
- Saturday: CK’s Smokehouse food truck will be available to provide you with tasty meals all day long, and a local band, Carey Station Road, will be performing from 6pm to 9pm that night.
- Sunday: Winghouse Express food truck will be on site to satisfy your cravings!
Make Reynolds your “home” during Masters week! Enjoy a fantastic week of golf at Reynolds while watching The Masters.
- Couples Match Play: Bring your spouse and play a round of golf together!
- Waterview Pub Happy Hour (April 2, 5pm to 8pm): Kick-off Masters Week with food and drink specials and live music inside and out.
- Masters Champions Dinner at Eighty8 Kitchen + Cocktails (April 3, 6pm to 9pm): The chef has recreated menus from your favorite past champions all to be enjoyed on one beautiful evening.
- Steakhouse Night at The Overlook at Great Waters (April 4, 5:30pm to 10pm): Celebrate Masters Week by indulging in a special steak and seafood menu.
- Tavern on the Green Party at The National Tavern (April 6, 6pm to 9pm): The Specialists will be performing a concert along with a variety of tasty bites and drinks around The Tavern green.
We encourage you to celebrate one of the biggest sporting events in the world in pure relaxation at The Ritz! They are offering special features all week long to make sure your vacation is both exciting and relaxing!
- Transportation: If you are guests at the Ritz, they provide transportation all week to and from Augusta.
- The captain’s list: Dine at any of the resort restaurants during Masters week and experience the Captain’s List. The chefs at The Ritz have created a menu that is unparalleled that will serve as an addition to the regular dining options.
- The cigar bar: If you want the true golfing experience, a cigar in hand is a necessity! Come out to The Pavillion Porch to the Cigar Bar to sip on some Bourbon or Tequila while you relax on the course.
- Maker’s Mark Dipping Experience: Dip your own whiskey glass in the lobby while sipping Maker’s Mark Private Select Bourbon, which is specifically hand-crafted for the resort.
- Golf inspired spa treatments: The Ritz is offering the Golf Ball Massage, with kneading techniques and a warm golf ball to target deep knots. The Golfer’s Tonic will soothe aching muscles and release sports-related tension. The spa will also give Off the Greens Manicure or Pedicure where you will get a calendula rosemary soak and a rich butter to revive and heal your skin.
Since it’s time for the Masters, it only makes sense to talk about golfing in Greensboro to get the most out of your Masters week! The courses at Lake Oconee are definitely something you want to put on your Masters checklist. The courses in Greensboro have been designed by premier golf course architects Tom Weiskopf, Jack Nicklaus, Bob Cupp, and many more. The courses in Greensboro are award-winning and offer beautiful lake views, shaded forests, and different difficulty levels.
- The Harbor Club; Named one of the Top 10 Golf Courses in the State of Georgia; “One of the Southeast’s Top 50 Most Distinctive Courses”, Golfweek Magazine
- The Landing at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “America's Top Golf Courses”, Zagat Survey; “Readers' Choice Award - Top Private Courses”, Golf World; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine
- The Preserve at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “10 Best New Courses”, GOLF Magazine; “Best Places to Play”, Golf Digest
- Great Waters at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “Top 100 You Can Play”, GOLF Magazine; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine; “Golf Course of the Year”, Georgia Golf Course Owners Association
- The Oconee at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “Top 100 You Can Play”, GOLF Magazine; “Best Resort Courses”, Golfweek Magazine; “50 Best Courses for Women”, Golf for Women; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine
- The National at Reynolds Lake Oconee; “Best Courses You Can Play”, Golfweek Magazine; “Top 20 "Best in State”, Golf Digest; “Best Courses You Can Play – Georgia”, GOLF Magazine
Visit VisitLakeOconee.com to discover more at Lake Oconee!