We all know New Year’s Resolutions can be hard to stick with throughout the year, but with the help of Lake Oconee, we provide enough activity and adventure to last the whole year. Check out our ideas on how to stay motivated and excited about your resolutions in 2018!
Are you looking to expand your palette this year?
Take a trip around the world without leaving Georgia as you explore new restaurants and flavors! Here are a few of our best restaurants that will make your mouth water:
- Iron Fork Cafe is a country style restaurant that offers great, southern food at a great price!
- Georgia Butts BBQ serves delicious barbecue right on Lake Oconee! Take a car or pull your boat up to the restaurant to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Lamai Ban Thai Kitchen allows you to expand your palette and try something that you are sure to love. Enjoy the delicious Thai food that Lake Oconee has to offer!
- Oconee Brewing Company offers tours and tasting rooms for people to come and enjoy the local taste of their craft beers. Dogs and kids are welcome too!
- If you are looking for an authentic Italian restaurant, Da Corrado Ristorante is a great choice. It is a family oriented and owned restaurant where you come in as friends and leave as family!
- Come to Jalisco Mexican Grill to enjoy some authentic Mexican food at Lake Oconee. The patio seating is perfect when the weather is good!
Looking for a new hobby in the new year?
- One of the best lake pastimes - golfing! There are a wide variety of courses to play on and enjoy at Lake Oconee! Check out these golf courses to get a kickstart on your resolution!
- Harbor Club is named one of the top 10 golf courses in state of Georgia. It has a practice facility with a driving range, short-game facility and putting green.
- The Preserve is a 72 par course at Reynolds Lake Oconee. This beautiful course has a clubhouse with a golf pro shop, restaurant, golf rentals and more!
- The Great Waters Course offers a stunning view with gorgeous scenery and has a 72 par course! This Jack Nicklaus course is considered one of the most photographed courses in the Southeast.
- The Oconee Course has a set of magnificent par 3s with elevated tee shots and water hazards that are eye-catching. This course offers a tough-but-fair challenge to players!
- Maybe your resolution was to finally try yoga. Kali Yoga can help you with that. They offer classes all throughout the week for all different levels. Let yoga improve your overall well being in 2018!
- A classic hobby this new year is tennis! At Reynolds Lake Oconee, there are four state-of-the-art Hydro-art courts and four clay courts, perfect for anyone who is searching for a new sport to invest in!
Are you trying to relax and enjoy this year?
Nothing says “relax” quite like a spa day! At Lake Oconee, there are a variety of options to enjoy a day for yourself to refresh and rejuvenate!
- The Spa at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers a menu infused with native Georgia ingredients, water-themed therapies and a beautiful space with windows overlooking the lake. Sprawling across 27,600 square feet, the resort spa includes relaxation lounges, a traditional barbershop space, a dedicated nail treatment room, 24-hour fitness center and indoor pool.
- New Beginnings Nail Salon and Spa is specially designed to soothe and balance the body, and is a perfect way to step out of the hectic everyday life, while making you feel beautiful and relaxed!
- Pure Vida Spa was founded by a man from Cuba, who developed a passion for pure living and started Pura Vide. He created the spa to allow Greensboro residents to enjoy pure life through mind and body connection!
- Amy’s Downtown is a massage and skin care facility where the specialist is committed to hearing your specific needs and being goal and detailed oriented!
Do you want to try something new this year?
Sometimes a new year gives you the urge to step out of your comfort zone and try something new! Here at Lake Oconee, we have the perfect options for you!
- Durhamtown Off Road Resort offers fun and adventure for the whole family! You can try out dirt bikes, ATVs or an SXS. There are cabin rentals, RV sites, and camping options.
- If you have ever wanted to learn some tricks on the lake, you should check out Young Harris Watersports! The trained staff makes your experience exciting, safe and memorable as you learn a new skill this year!
Are you trying to explore more this year?
- Parks Ferry, Old Salem and the KOA are the perfect places to go fishing or spend some quality time with friends and family in the new year! All are full-service campgrounds that offer outdoor sports areas, picnicking, lake access and more!
- Fishing Creek Farms is a picturesque facility for whitetail deer, as well as private quail hunting. They offer overnight accommodations that include an on property chef.
Do you want to learn something new this year?
Greensboro is full of rich history and there are many opportunities to learn and experience new things!
- Historic Greene County Courthouse is the county’s oldest courthouse where you can read through many of the records from as early as 1787.
- Scull Shoals takes you on a journey of understanding what it was like to live in the village in the 19th century.
- The Old Gaol is located directly behind the courthouse. It is a building with two-stories, two-foot-thick walls, and a trap door above the entry building. This building marks the place where condemned prisoners were dropped to their death. It is believed to be the oldest existing jail structure in the state!
- The Greene County History Museum explores the life and times of some of the most notable residents of Greene County. This museum also examines how the construction of Lake Oconee influenced the county and its people.
- The Lake Country Discovery Museum features an impressive 10-foot scale model topographic map of Lake Oconee and surrounding areas. Along with historic artifacts and an in-depth look at lifestyles, business, culture and recreation, visitors will be able to experience all that makes Lake Country special.
Visit VisitLakeOconee.com to discover more at Lake Oconee!